St Edmund's College, Cambridge

The University of Cambridge is unique in that the Colleges and Departments are joined together in the education system. Fees at Cambridge are made up of the University Composition Fee and the College Fee. In addition, you will be required by the Board of Graduate Studies to show that you can pay maintenance costs (i.e. food, rent, books, etc) for your programme.

In addition to the information below, please read the relevant Graduate Admissions Financial Information from the University.

All fees are revised each year. See the list of College fees and charges.

If you have any questionson the college fees and costs, please contact the Charges department on

Funding information.

There are many sources of funding available for study at the University of Cambridge. You can often get support through your home government.

St Edmund's College does not offer full tuition awards, but does offer some awards which can be applied for after you have started your course here. These awards cannot be used as part of your financial guarantee. Please be sure to read the financial information provided by the Board of Graduate Studies for more funding opportunities and deadlines.

UK and EU students

UK and EU students may be eligible for studentships from the national research funding bodies (Research Councils UK, RCUK - Also seek advice from the relevant university department about these studentships.

If you are a PCGE student from the UK or EU, depending on your family's income, you may be eligible for publicly funded student support or loans. For more information, contact your Local Education Authority (LEA), the Student Awards Agency for Scotland or the Education and Library Boards (for Northern Ireland). You can also find information Department for Education and Skills (DfES) pages for UK or EU students.

Overseas students

Awards for overseas students

Cambridge Trusts

Gates Trust

Research Councils UK (Dorothy Hodgkin Awards)
The scheme is a new UK initiative to bring outstanding students from India, China, Hong Kong, South Africa, Brazil, Russia and the developing world to come and study for PhDs in top rated UK research facilities.

British Chevening Scholarships

British Council

US students

American Graduate students may be eligible for loan support from the US government. From 2006 the Board of Graduate Studies is taking over the administration of all US Federal loans for graduate students (previously each College adminstered loans for its own students). There will be more information available on the BGS website

Sallie Mae has published a useful leaflet on Federal US funding for study overseas, which can be downloaded here. More information is available from USA Student Aid or Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA).

Canadian students

Canadian Graduate students may be eligible for Canadian Student Loans. You will apply through your province, but you can find more information on the Canada Student Loans website.

Other international students

Information on funding and other aspects of study in the UK is available on the Council for International Education (UKCISA) website.

Students with children

Please see the University childcare website for further information on funding and facilities.