Reporting to: Domestic Bursar
Salary: £13,487 per annum
30 hours per week Monday - Friday on a shift rota
The College’s Reception is the first port of call for the many visitors, students, Fellows, staff and external contractors to the College. The Evening Receptionists will work on a shift rota and will occasionally cover for day Receptionists.
· The first point of contact for visitors
· Dealing with enquiries and telephone calls
· Supervision of entrance and exit through the Front Entrance to include the locking and unlocking the Front Entrance
· Issuing keys and advice to temporary residents
· Helping anyone who has locked themselves out of a room
· Switching lights and opening or closing curtains / blinds in public rooms
· Ensuring all College Office windows are closed after your shift
· Having an oversight of the security cameras
· Dealing with emergencies by summoning outside help
· Sorting and pigeonholing post and deliveries
· Franking mail from the various departments within the College
· Administration and recording of cash receipts from students, staff and visitors
· Top-up meal cards using the College’s computerised system and recording usage of visitors meal cards
· To contact relevant parties upon events taking place within the College
· Assisting in all aspects of the College’s summer Conference season, such as producing accommodation packs and dealing with visitors’ enquiries
· Assisting in all procedures /events for the start of term and each new academic year
- Assisting the Facilities Team on a daily basis by producing accommodation packs for the guest room
- Assisting with enquires and telephone calls
Full training will be provided to assist in the emergency evacuation procedures at the College to which at times you will be the main point of contact for the emergency services.
- Proven track record is a customer focussed role
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team
Staff benefits include:
- Dinner is provided when the kitchens are open
- Free car parking on site (depending on availability)
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 public holidays pro rata
- Contributory Pension Scheme
Please send a cv and a completed application to the HR Manager by email HR@st-edmunds.cam.ac.uk by 27th April 2017.
St Edmund’s College is a graduate College of the University of Cambridge, which admits men and women of diverse academic background and many nationalities. The College presently has over 450 students with 70% enrolled for postgraduate degrees and the remainder enrolled as mature or affiliated undergraduates. The Master, 50 Fellows, Visiting Fellows, Visiting Scholars, together with the Von Hügel and Faraday Institutes and the students, form a single community. As a relatively small College, St Edmund’s provides a friendly and informal atmosphere for its members and their families. The College has a small, friendly administrative team, led by the Bursar, supporting the College’s strategic objectives.