Salary: £15,126 (£11.58 per hour)
Location: Cambridge, St Edmunds College
Contract type: Permanent, Part-time 25 hours per week, mornings only (5 out of 7 days)
Title: Cleaner (Part-time Housekeeper)
St Edmund’s College, based near the Centre of Cambridge is hiring a cleaner on a part time basis.
You will work as part of a small but efficient team to ensure both rooms and public areas are cleaned and kept well presented.
The successful candidate
Whilst cleaning experience is advantageous the successful candidate doesn’t need any cleaning experience just a can-do attitude and a desire to learn.
As well as a great salary and friendly team you will also receive:
Working daily allowance for food and drinks*
- Free car parking (where available)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
- Generous pension contributions
- Discounts at restaurants, shops & more
- Outdoor gym
- Death in service
- Access to LinkedIn Learning & Business Disability Forum
Clean and maintain a specific set of study bedrooms and offices on a weekly basis for students, staff and Fellows.
- Daily cleaning of communal areas, i.e., kitchen, corridors, staircases, showers, bathrooms, and toilets.
- Carry out cleaning of public rooms
- Remove rubbish and recycling from student rooms.
- To assist in the spring cleaning of rooms when the students leave the College.
- Carry out cleaning, making, and changing beds during the busy conference time.
- Occasional weekend work during the conference period.
- Bringing to the attention of the Housekeeping Manager any unreasonable behaviour by the residents of your area of responsibility so that necessary action can be taken. This would include any continued untidiness or disrespect to the furniture and fittings.
- Reporting of substandard or linen shortages to the Housekeeping Manager.
- Covering of other study bedrooms and/or offices during holiday and sickness periods as required by the Head of Facilities.
- Reporting maintenance and defects to the reception.
- To be security conscious and to report any incidents to the Head of Facilities.
About St Edmund’s College
St Edmund’s College is one of the 31 constituent colleges of the University of Cambridge. Our vibrant student body is made up of around 420 post-graduates and 130 mature undergraduates. With over 260 senior members – academics working at the cutting edge of their field or eminent members of their profession – and around 70 staff, you will be joining a dynamic and growing College with an ambitious vision for our role in shaping the future of higher education and collaborative research.
The maturity of our community means that we have earned a reputation as the friendly college. Relaxed, non-hierarchical and diverse, we pride ourselves on being a place in Cambridge where people of all backgrounds are welcomed, will feel at home and can flourish. Therefore, we welcome all candidates regardless of their demographic characteristics such as gender, race, disability, neurodiversity, religion, age, sex & sexual identity to apply for our opportunities.
How to apply
To apply, please send in you CV and a Cover Letter to Nicky Chalklin, HR Administrator by email email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications: 3 December 2023
If you have informal enquiries about the post, please email the Housekeeping Manager, Alicja Wankowicz, on firstname.lastname@example.org
In applying for this role, you will provide personal data which the College will process in accordance with its data protection obligations and its Data Protection Policy: http://www.stedmunds.cam.ac.uk/data-protection
Any offer of employment is subject to evidence of your right to work in the UK and the receipt of satisfactory references.